Church+Crows+Junebugs


Today was the first day back after the Memorial Day weekend. These next few weeks leading up to VBS along with our Family Camp in Florida and the opening of our new children's ministry area have meant extra long hours. Today I was at the church at 7:30am so that I could get a jump start on the day. When I arrived at the church, I went to the back of the building to do some work. It wasn't long until I noticed a strange noise echoing through the lobby, down the hall and into the room where I was painting. I hurried down the hall to see something I had never seen before. There were two crows sitting by the glass door making a whole lot of noise while bumping up against the glass as they tried to get into the building. Why were they wanting in our church? Well it seems that the weather striping had come off the bottom of the door thus exposing a gap. This gap was just large enough for junebugs to find their way into our place of worship. There they lay on the floor next to the door and window, some dead, some near death and some probably wondering just like me what all the commotion was about! These crows were trying to get inside our building where they could feast on the mishaps of the junebugs.
As I pulled out my phone and recorded the video (Please Watch) I couldn't help to think of that is just like Satan...AKA the Big ol' Crow! He will do whatever he can to get to people, even God's people. If your church is like mine, it is full of hurting people...life is just that way. Many Christians are a lot like those junebugs, struggling in and through life. Many Christians feel like they can't go on and seek refuge inside of a church only to find Satan waiting at the door as they leave. The Bible says in 1 Peter 5:8...Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. It's easy being a christian inside the four walls of your church. It's outside those walls where your faith is tested and you have to stay on guard. Psalm 9:9 says...The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. Take refuge in Him and watch out for the old crow named Satan!

See you @ The River...John

Comments

Popular Posts