Finally...What I have to say!


After much time and thought, I have decided to do a daily blog because of the many people who have said they like my stories and the strange way that I see God in things that way too many people overlook. Maybe someday someone will right a book about me. I said someone because way too many people find my life more interesting that I do. You will find it here on Facebook or you may subscribe to it and see it as it originally looks at the following address: http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmylifeasjohn.blogspot.com%2F&h=c412c8257afe9e8574f2c645f053119d
So today, I am starting off with my profile picture. If you look at it, you will see that my profile picture is that of my family. Let's get this straight, when I make this statement, I am not including God. I will write plenty about who God is and what HE means to me. So when you hear me say something like...I love my wife more than anything, God trumps her. When you read that I think barbecue brisket is the best, God trumps that too! You get my drift?
Back to my profile picture...My family is my life! They are who I am. Way before that Rene Zwelengerzinger or whatever her name is said to Tom Cruise in the movie Jerry McGuire that "he completes her", I had that phrase! Also that new country song about a dad waiting up for his daughter to come home from a date and that he would be cleaning his gun, well I had that phrase too but that is a whole different post. Anyways, it is true. I am just a shell of a person without my family. I can go through all of the motions but when it boils down to it, they all complete me! I said all because when even one is missing, part of me is too! I love my wife so much! She is my strength, my love, my help and the best darn wife anyone could ask for. She is my biggest fan, even when I am not worth cheering for! Kind of like me and the Dallas Cowboys!My three kids, Emilee, Mollie and John Luke...I love them so! I speak with drivers at my work who have made a career of being gone away from family days on end. One said and I quote, "man I bet you're enjoying this quiet time away from them before they move here"...he could have never been more WRONG! My kids love me in spite of my faults. Someone said that a dog is mans best friend. Whoever said that did not have a family like mine! They are my friends and I struggle every day I am away from them. God has helped me over this last month to become a little more sensitive to those that are away from their family. If that is all I would have learned during this time, it will have been well worth it...but it has been so much more! I love life! I love Jesus! I Miss My Family!

See You At The River...John

Comments

  1. After all this, there is only one thing to say: Have reverence for God, and obey his commands, because this is all that we were created for. ECCLESIASTES 12:13 TEV

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you write tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this John; you know you about made me tear up; big surprise, huh? ;) Is Emilee there w/ you now? If so, how's school going?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog John. You don't hear very men praise their wife and children the way you have. That says so much for you as a man. I look forward to future words of wisdom. You are a teacher of what God has to offer by the life that you lead. Thank you. Juli P.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts