There's Gotta Be A Better Way


I left work and headed to the home where I am staying and was excited about the big game tonight...Go Gators! I hate Oklahoma! Before I could sit down, I volunteered my services to help connect the cables from the Nintendo Wii, Playstation 2, XBOX 360, DVR and VCR. It seemed that there had to be a better way, a better look than what was presently there. My friend started running these cables from the units into a small outlet type box at the bottom of the wall. His goal was to run them through this little box and then up through the wall to then come out to his flat screen tv that was hanging above. I kept questioning my friend saying things like, how are you going to get that up there through that wall? Wouldn't it be easier to send them through the top and then drop them down? He just kept smiling and said, trust me John I know what I am doing. I kept on, knowing good and well that the kickoff to the game was about to take place and realizing that I was now stuck and gonna be there the rest of the night trying to do it "his way". A little while later, with cables no closer to the tv hanging above than they were earlier, my friend quietly stood up, stepped to the left and opened a door which led to another door. Behind that door was an open, exposed wall revealing the cables that he had strategically placed in the lower hole. He then went over, grabbed the cords, gave them a pull and easily pushed them through and out, right behind the tv. If only I had trusted him!
Standing there, it hit me! I grabbed my Blackberry and took a picture. What I said to him was the way I have treated God many times! You see many times in my life, I have questioned God and what He was doing, most recently directing me to leave my job, friends and my family to follow His lead to another town and another occupation. I just as I did tonight thought I had a better way. I just like tonight thought I was wasting time. I just like tonight thought I was going to miss something better. But every time I have thought that with God, He has simply got up, opened a door and exposed a much better way than I even knew was available. He simply wants me to trust Him. He simply wants you to trust Him. In Isaiah 55:8,9 God states that His thoughts are not our thoughts, neither are our ways His ways because just as heaven is higher than earth, so are God's thoughts and ways higher than ours!
Think about the ways that you don't trust Him. Think about not trying to figure out your way but rather waiting for God to expose to you a much better way. Think on these things!
See You At The River...John

Comments

  1. Such a GREAT reminder; thanks again for sharing, John!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying real hard to trust Him w/ the selling of this house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just trust God. He always takes care of us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts