The EVENT?

I am not sure if you watch TV or not. My family and I love to watch TV. We have our favorite shows we watch together as a family. Before I go any farther, television is not my life. It is a form of entertainment that we enjoy to do together. It just like anything else, it has good and bad. Anyways, for the last 3 or 4 months, NBC has been advertising and promoting its new Fall Series title THE EVENT. Over that time span, they haven't shared much about what this EVENT actually is. It has left a lot of people guessing, including my family...I guess we will see tonight.

As I thought about the EVENT, I thought about the many EVENTS that have happened in my own life and in the lives of my family. Broken arms, Broken Promises, Broken Dreams have all been EVENTS that have happened over the last year or so. Confusion, Chaos and even Cancer have been EVENTS that showed their ugly heads. But I would be wrong to tell you that those were the only EVENTS that came my way. God's Power, God's Awesomeness and God's Goodness were EVENTS that sprung up and at just the right time. His Faithfulness to those who call Him Lord, His unwavering love and His absolute Mercy and Grace were big time EVENTS that I could not help but notice. The wonderful church family He has given me to lead, to serve and to love. The home we live in. Our health and well being. New friends, new direction and a renewed spirit...yes all are EVENTS and all are from God. James 1:17 says "Every good and perfect gift comes from above." Even the bad EVENTS were just avenues to where I could strengthen my walk with my Lord.


As my family and I gather around to see what EVENT is going to take place tonight on NBC, we don't have to look very far or hard to see what EVENTS my God has already done! What EVENTS has He done in your life?



See You @ The River...John

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts