Where'd They All Go?


Before I write this, I want everyone to know that I am not nor was I mad. Let me also say that while I am on the subject about everyone, thanks so much for the many, many responses over these blogs I have been doing. The responses have been overwhelming and too numerous to count. I'll go into it at a later date on why I decided to do these. Well back to the story!
As many of you are aware of, I am away from my family most of the time due to me accepting a new job. As soon as our house sells, we will once again be back together. Until then, it is weekends if it works out. Well, I have been back in Marion since I left Nov.30 a total of 5 days. I was headed home this evening to be with my family through Sunday night. The plans were for me to get up early Monday morning to be back in Nashville and at work by 6am.
I have been extremely busy all week and then made the 3 hour drive to come home and see my family. When I arrived home this evening, I was greeted with all of my family as they headed out for their various activities for the evening. There were no welcoming banners, no fireworks, not even dinner was made. I felt like my arrival was kind of getting in the way of "their" plans. Didn't they know about the week I have had? Didn't they know that I had left and came a long way to see them? Didn't they know that all I wanted to was to be with them? And then a God moment!
I thought about how God has been treated like that by me many times and by you as well if you admit it. As a matter of fact, it started off that way with Him. There were no banners hung at the manger when Christ was born. There weren't crowds of people gathering or even fireworks lighting the sky. As a matter of fact, the only reason people showed up there was because God told them to via an angel. The only fireworks was a star that He created, that He placed and that He directed to shine. But didn't people know what God had done in order for Jesus to arrive there? Didn't they know that He had to leave his home in heaven to come to this earth to live as a man? Surely people realized that He came just because He wanted to be with them? Yeah that's how it all started.
It's no different now for me at times. At times, I forget what all He has done. I forget about the sufferings on the cross. At times I forget what he went through for me. At times, I treat him like when He does arrive that all He does is get in my way of my plans. When all He really wants is to just be with me.
Is that you? Take some time today to welcome Jesus into your life. Have him be a part of your entire day cause all He wants to do is be with you...Think On These Things!


See You At the River...John

Comments

  1. WOW......once again; yet another amazing reminder......thanks for sharing, John......REALLY......thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, Thank you, thank you, thank you. Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts