Pressure


We received a call in the office about 10am today about a group needing a bus. This bus was not scheduled nor had it been prepped and ready to leave in the allotted time we were given which was two hours. After the news, I proceeded out to get it started, get the generators going, heat on and to take a look to see if it was indeed ready to go. As the generators kicked in and the lights brightened, I could then see my breath inside the bus. It amazes me still the cold these things can hold onto inside being closed up. There have been times when it was much colder on the inside than it was on the outside...sounds like some churches I have been at! OUCH! Anyways, after I inspected the rear lounge area and moved my way up through the 12 bunks and bathroom, I then looked through the front lounge area. I noticed that the drink cooler door was open and as I peered inside to look, I noticed that some soda cans had been left. During the last week, we have had some incredibly cold temperatures here in Nashville. Those extreme temperatures did a number to those cans as they succumbed to the extreme conditions. Some exploded and left a frozen mess all over. Others just expanded out with pressure but never gave in to the elements. I grabbed those that were about to burst and gladly headed to the dumpster. While on the way to dispose of them, one popped and sprayed me all over the leg. I tossed it away until it ran out and then threw it away. As I walked back to the bus, I thought about some people I have known that were alot like those cans. Too often times people give in to their surroundings to the point of erupting. The pressures of this world are so great that it is just a matter of time before they explode. Do you know anyone like that? Maybe it is you? As long as we live in this world, we will constantly be surrounded by the pressures of this world. That is why Jesus told his disciples in John 16:33 "these things I have told you so that you will have peace. in this world you will have trouble but take heart, I have overcome the world." Jesus said that when the pressures get to you, know that I had them and overcame them and we can as well. So the next time you get down. The next time the pressures at work, at home or wherever start squeezing you in, before you blow up all over someone innocent, remember just to turn it over to God. He's been there and done that!
See You At The River...John

Comments

  1. John, after the past two days that John & I have had, I think you wrote that just for us. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts