So Who's in There Anyway?


Let me say that I am sorry to all of you that were looking for some post from me towards the end of last week. I was very busy getting ready for this bus showcase we are doing in downtown Nashville on Tuesday and many nights I was out late. I want to also say that American Idol didn't help the cause either. So needless to say, I am sorry and hope to better.

This weekend we had some great friends come in town from Illinois to spend some time with us and to meet our friends here in Tennessee and to see our new church home. After a day of running around, we all decided to go to dinner together. With the total being 13 , it was going to take either two vehicles or...a bus. My friend Eric decided to take us out on the brand new, shiny bus named Shadow. When I say brand new, it was just that. This bus had not even been leased out with a group yet. We all loaded up with tv's on, music playing and window shades up headed to eat Mexican food. As we maneuvered through the parking lot, people both inside and outside the restaurant were looking...no gawking at and wondering who could be in there. As we all loaded off of the bus, I thought as people looked, "boy I bet they're disappointed, no one special here"!
I thought about what it was that made people look for someone special. What was it that caught all of the eyes of people and their attention to the point of staring? Then I realized, it was because they saw something that they don't see every day. They saw something different.
Isn't that what people in this world are doing as well? They go through life everyday, seeing the same old things. That is where we then have the opportunity to roll into the "parking lot" of their life and show them something different, something life changing. But unlike the fancy bus with a bunch of nobodies inside that left many people disappointed, inside those of us that claim to be believers is a Holy God that desires to have a relationship with them and He will not disappoint them. Matthew 5:16 says that we are to let our light to shine among men so that they will see our good works and glorify God. This week, I'm going to focus on being different so that others can see Christ living in me.
See You At The River...John

Comments

  1. John,
    Thank you for being so committed to what you believe in. Your blogs are inspirational while putting everyday life into perspective. You are an awesome writer...I never knew! God bless you and your family through this journey we call life! You rock!
    Tracey Mills :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. John,
    Thank you for being so committed to what you believe in. Your blogs are so inspirational while keeping everyday life into perspective. You are an awesome writer...who knew! God bless you and your family through this journey we call life. You rock!
    Tracey Mills

    ReplyDelete
  3. I disagree, when you and your family and friends got off that bus, you are something special!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts