The Fish Aint Biting

(New Video Hopefully Working Now)
Have you ever had one of those days where it seemed everything was not going your way? You got up one morning and you were not greeted with hugs and kisses. As you entered your place of employment or school, people did not say hello, shake your hand or pat your back? As the day wore on, you had no spring in your step, your chest was sunk in and your head was down. Sounds like a bad day. Then it all changes.
Last spring, I was fishing with my son John Luke and my daughter Mollie at a lucky fishing spot. I can't tell you where it is because one never reveals his or her lucky hunting or fishing spot. Anyways, we had been fishing for quite awhile and Mollie seemed to be the only one catching fish. I grabbed my video camera and shot this video of Mollie reeling in a fish and then my sons reaction.

(Watch Video) He was disgusted and had been for quite sometime as he watched time and time again Mollie bring in a fish. All he thought about was what fun he was not having and that he was wasting his time when he could be doing something else. It was one of those days that just was not going his way. Then it all changed. Shortly there after, John Luke landed a whale of a bass. We reeled and reeled and finally brought in this big pond beauty. John Luke was so excited. I quickly grabbed my video camera and shot this video. He was grinning from ear to ear. He could hardly contain himself with this fish he had caught. He said to me as I removed the hook from the fish and released him into the pond, Dad this is the best day ever. I thought about what a huge change I had just witnessed in the life of my son. Just when it seemed it couldn't get any worse, up swims this beast, bites his lure and the rest is history.
Life is a lot like that as well. We let the pressures of this world get us down. We focus on what everyone else is "getting" and just about the time when we think it couldn't get any worse, God allows someone or something to "swim" into our life to bring us back to life! There is a word for that, it is called a BLESSING. God has shown me that numerous times throughout my life. So the next time you're down. The next time everything is going someone else's way and you feel like your just wasting time. Keep an eye on your line and watch to see what God is going to send your way. Then rejoice in what He does!

See You At The River...John

Comments

Popular Posts