Good Directions


I know you have heard that saying about how men hate to stop and ask for directions when they are lost. I admittingly am one of those men. Too many times I have gone "just 2 more miles" to look for that sign or let's see what's around this next corner only to find us 2 miles farther away from our desired location. Like it or not, we all need directions from someone at some point in time.

I remember a man in Illinois who I spent time with. As I would ride around with him in his car, I would do what any other normal person who can't sit still would do...I dug through his glove compartment. While looking in there, I found a GPS unit. I didn't say anything. I just looked around, made note of his expired insurance card and closed it up. Over time, I found myself riding shotgun many times in this truck and many times I dug through his glove compartment, always noticing the GPS unit tucked away in it's box. Finally one day I asked him, I said are you ever gonna use that thing. He said with a smile on his face, I don't need it now but if I ever need directions, I know where to find it.

Today I did something I have never done before. I have thought long and hard about this journey that God has me on. It still amazes me of what God is doing with me now and what I find myself in and around at times. If you would have drove up to our shop this afternoon, you would not have found me behind a desk. As a matter of fact, you won't find me behind a desk any day cause I don't have one yet. I will when we get in our new building in December '08...yes I did say '08! If you had shown up, you would have seen me in a golf cart driving from bus to bus placing Bibles in each of our buses. Why you might ask? I'll tell you why. Because all of those people that ride these buses...drivers, entertainers, managers and even those that clean and work on them one day are going to need some answers. One day, they're gonna need directions and when they come to the realization that they are lost, they will have something to pull out, just like that GPS. As I placed those Bibles in each of the buses, I prayed as I entered that God's word would speak out to those that are near.
Today, I was an Operations Manager involved in a Bus Ministry and gave out Gideon Bibles. Who says you have to work at a church to be in the ministry!
See You At The River...John

Comments

  1. THAT ROCKS, John!!!!! Makes me smile :)) God is using you man, just like He always has and will!!!! YOu are a blessing to so many ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so awesome..love hearing what God i doing in your life!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts