Fingertips and Noses



Well it was an interesting weekend for everyone as we all waited to see if the Lord would really return on Saturday night at 6pm. Now I will be the first to say that I was not counting down the time as if I was watching the "Ball Drop" in NYC on New Year's Eve but the 6pm deadline was something that would occasionally come to the forefront of my mind and then rush back to the place where all other crazy ideas are held. As I thought about it and even times joked about it, I wondered if really I ought to be acting, be living as some of these people were on Saturday.

About a month ago, my family and I jumped into the dog owner world again after many years of being dog less after our beloved DOBY died. Our new dog Jazzy is full of life and energy and treats us all the same except my wife. I am not sure why but from the beginning, Jazzy took a liking to my wife and when she is home, Jazzy treats the rest of us like we are invisible. When my wife is away from the house, Jazzy will sit, play and even snuggle at times with the rest of us "Extras" at the house. She will fetch a ball, chew on a toy or crawl up next to you...but she will usually never venture too far away from the living room and the front window. The reason why is because in the midst of dog games, snack time and naps, Jazzy is anxiously awaiting for that white minivan to pull up into the driveway where my wife will soon appear...and when she does, Jazzy runs to the window with her tail wagging and her nose pressed up against the window awaiting her entrance.

A number of years ago there was a song sung by the group NEWSONG titled "Fingertips and Noses" which spoke about how kids will press their hands and noses up against the glass of a window waiting for a loved one to enter...and that is how us believers should be as we anticipate Christ return. Oh there is nothing wrong with being busy. It's ok to have fun and even rest but we should never take our eyes off of the One who is coming! Sure I don't know the hour or the date and neither does anyone else but one day Jesus is going to return to come for me and you if you have trusted in Him and it won't be in a white minivan on Creekwood ct. but on a white horse in the Eastern sky!


See You @ The River...John

Comments

Popular Posts