Gnat Nose

I am not sure where you are at today but here in the Middle Tennessee area, it is
B E A U T I F U L! I thought I would enjoy this weather a little more today so I drove to the church with my windows down...that's how I roll (pun intended). As I was driving, the sudden urge came over me to sneeze. I quit counting at about 10 with watering eyes and after swerving all over the road like I was a texter. I finally thought after my eyes and nose dried up that I had found relief but I began to feel something not quite right so I pulled over to the side of the road fearing I was about to have another sneezing episode. I grabbed a piece of toilet paper I had folded up in the side pocket of my truck door...again that is how I roll (pun intended) and proceeded to blow my nose as hard as I could. It was at that time that I looked and saw this tiny, little gnat that somehow must have made it's way up my nose as I drove with the windows down (See Picture).
How on earth could something so small cause so much irritation? How could something so small cause my eyes to become clouded with tears and which led to me driving all over the road?
That same thought comes to mind with every day situations that you and I face. Often times, you and I let the smallest things that come up in our lives have the greatest impact. It might be a harsh word, a nagging boss or dead battery in your car. If we don't keep those little things in check, they'll sneak up on us and cloud our thoughts, our minds and even our hearts. They'll distract us from what really matters and the small things will become large things.
Jesus said in Luke 12...“Look at the lilies and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, He will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith? And don’t be concerned about what to eat and what to drink. Don’t worry about such small things. These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers all over the world, but your Father already knows your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and He will give you everything you need."
What Jesus was saying here is so simple...don't worry about the small things. Don't worry about the gnats that creap up into your life and cause havoc. Seek Him with all you have and when you do, those little things that you thought were big won't be so big at all!

Go Blow Your Nose...Pastor John

Comments

Popular Posts