LOST

A few years back, my family and I had a favorite TV show that we all watched together. As a matter of fact, my son was so young back then that as we watched it and when certain characters would speak in a foreign language, my daughters would read to him the closed captioning words at the bottom of the screen because he couldn't read. The name of the show was LOST. It was about a group of people from all walks of life that crashed via a jetliner on an uncharted island. The world had no idea what happened to their flight or where they were.
I have thought about that show over the last week as search planes and ships from many nations are out looking for the Malaysian Boeing 777 airliner that went missing almost a week ago. 239 people are presumed dead and as of today, their is still no sign of what happened to the plane or where they are at...the plane, the pilots, the crew and all 227 passengers are LOST!
The dictionary defines LOST as: having gone astray or missing; to be without. There is nothing in this world worse than being LOST. I've been LOST in the woods while tracking a wounded deer. I've been LOST at a shopping mall as a young child. I've NEVER been LOST while driving but my wife would say different. Truth is, we all have been LOST at some point and time both physically and spiritually. To be LOST physically, that is what I just spoke of...in the woods, at the mall or in a car but to be LOST spiritually, now that is a much different story. Someone who is LOST spiritually is without hope. They are destined to a sinners hell, separated for eternity from the One who created them! They are like as the Word of God teaches sheep without a shepherd, aimlessly walking about with no point or worse, no purpose! All of us and that includes you reading this either were LOST spiritually or you still are! I was LOST until I was found almost 40 years ago. My family, all LOST spiritually but praise God they were found. How you might ask? Well it is very simple. The Bible says in Luke 19:10..."For the Son of Man (Jesus) came to seek and to save, those who are LOST." For you and I, that is some great news, actually that is the best news that anyone could ever hear! We all know the words to what is probably the most famous hymn of all time...Amazing grace, how sweet the sound. That saved a wretch like me. I once was LOST, but now I'm found. Was blind but now I see. So can I ask you a question? Are you LOST? Have you made that decision to accept Christ as your Lord and Savior? If you haven't, you are just like that airliner and all of those people...LOST and many people, especially the ones that you love are waiting, hoping and praying that you too will be found!
As my old friend Wes Edwards would say...BE Blessed!
Pastor John

Comments

  1. LOST was one of my favorite TV shows, I watched it religiously with my father every single week. With that vitally significant information stated, now I will get to the real reason to why I commented on this post.
    I have been reading throughout your different posts for a good while now, I must say you’re an enjoyable read. You have an interesting way of spreading His word – I am a devout Christian but will be the first to admit that reading the word from most pastors now days is very similar to watching three layers of turquoise paint dry on an old barn. Your approach not only affectively gets His word across and makes the reader think, but it also leaves them (me) in a good mood.
    Now… You did not post this because you wanted me - (theoretically speaking, I know I am not special enough for you to devout an entire website to) - to read this, reflect on the TV series, and go back and watch it. Nor did you did not post this because you now expect me to go out and find the Malaysian airline carrier. You posted this for me to ask myself the question, am I “LOST”? I am fortunate enough to respond to this theoretical question with an astounding “YES”! I accepted Jesus Christ into my heart many a years ago – BUT is that good enough? Does me answer your question correctly allow me to pass the entire exam – that is the question I came up with after reading this post. I really pondered on this for a few hours, and I feel like my response could potentially be one of your next topic points.
    Just because I found God doesn’t mean I should stop seeking Him. I want to go on and discuss this but I am short on time at the moment. But I wanted to quickly right up a comment to not only let you know that you are successfully spreading His word, but to also encourage you to continue doing so. Keep them coming John!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts