Change I Can Believe In?

It's been awhile since I wrote on my blog. I apologize. I have just not had the time. I hope real soon to pick up where I left off when it comes to writing these.
I know you're wondering what in the world am I talking about? No, I'm not about to speak about the change that has/hasn't occurred with our current president. I'll leave that up to you. The fact is that change can be a good thing or a bad thing. It all boils down to how we look at it. To steal the presidents slogan, although I am not sure it was his to begin with, we all want "change we can believe in". If we can't believe in it, then we don't want it!
I don't know about you but I sure have had a lot of change in my life! Some of it I believed in and other times, I was uncertain about it. Some of it was welcomed into my life and other times it was shunned until eventually it made it's way to the surface. I thank God for the change that has happened in my life over the past year. I would be lying to you if I said that I believed in it this entire time. Oh, it started off me believing in it. The signs were too evident. the "Stars" were too aligned for it to not be a God thing. But over time, this change that I once believed in soon fell by the way side. Why you might ask? We'll I'll tell you why! Just as many Americans today are wanting and waiting for this so called "change we can believe in" to come about by our beloved president, I too have been waiting anxiously for my God to show up with this change. Many Americans are wanting this change and wanting it now! The president promised all these things and all it seems is that things have gotten worse!
I've been there with my life over this past year. I welcomed this change with open arms and I even convinced my family to do it as well. As a father, it's hard to keep your family excited about this change and to keep believing in it when it seems that every area of our lives has gotten worse.
God tells us in the book of Hebrews That He will never leave us or forsake us. That doesn't mean that when things change, that everything just falls into place. It doesn't mean that when change comes that we even have to believe in it. If that was the case, there would be no TRUST, no FAITH! Go read the book of Joshua and you will see that this new promise land that they were to go and get would be a huge change from where they were. It wasn't laid out for them all in an easy, job description or plan of attack. It came with ups and downs. There were even times when they had wished they would have never welcomed that change and had stayed where they were. I can say that I have done the same!
I want to believe in the change that God brings, I want to trust Him more and to have faith. And when things seem worse, when they seem like they aren't ant better, I will hold onto that He Will NEVER Leave or Forsake Me!

See You at The River...John

Comments

Popular Posts