A New President, A New Friend


Today we have been in downtown Nashville showing off our buses. The day has been filled with all types of music people, road managers and even artist who came via an invitation to come and eat lunch for free and check out the buses we had to offer. It was a HUGE success. Well today was not only about buses, it was also an eventful day in the history of our nation. I had the privilege of sitting part of the day with one of our drivers in the bus he drives and watched our new president be sworn in. The name of this driver is Morris Jackson Jr., but friends can call him Mo. Morris is one of our best and a well liked drivers. Morris has recently been voted the best dressed driver of our company. Morris is also black. As we sat there and talked about Barack Obama and about the changes that he undoubtedly will bring, I couldn't help but notice how proud he was about this day. I never saw a tear fall and his lip never quivered. He didn't give high fives for the black man. He just kept repeating the same word, not loud and boisterous but very subtle and to himself. The word was...wow!

Shortly there after the conversation went from not about the new president but shifted to living right, trusting God and also screwing up. As time went on, I later found out that he too was the son of a preacher. He too has had his vast number of mistakes just like me but he also had been forgiven just like me.
Yes earlier today, I watched a man be proud of who he was. Later on, I too became proud of who he was but I wasn't proud because of his color, I was proud of who he was because of his relationship with his Heavenly Father. Today I made a new friend...I now call him Mo!

Comments

  1. Wonderful article about wonderful people.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts