You're Blocking My View!

I have referenced before in previous posts about my family and I moving into a new house this past fall. I give all praise and honor to God and Him alone for our new home. Since we have moved and settled in, we have hosted more church gatherings and people than in the six years prior. Living 10 minutes from the church vs. 35 minutes has made a huge impact on us connecting better with our church family. Honestly speaking, that is the sole purpose on why we moved.
With that said, every time I pull up in my driveway and walk into my new home, I see God all over the place. Yes I see the decorations that my wife has done. Yes I see the building choices, colors of walls, etc. that we made together as husband and wife but overall, I see God and His handy work in the simple fact that He provided this place, these things for our enjoyment and the enjoyment of others. One of my favorite things that I have enjoyed about our new home the most has been the view...but that all changed. You see, we chose to live still close to town for Shelly's work commute but closer to the church. We would've loved to have bought a 100 acres, secluded and away but we did not have the money nor did we want a longer drive. Because of that, we chose to settle in a country setting subdivision. Over the last few weeks, a new house has gone up just outside our back door. Yes we have almost 2 acres and that is plenty to keep mowed but don't they realize that they have messed up my view of the sunrise? They could have built anywhere else but they chose to build right there! It has been a source of discomfort for my wife and I. We would over the last few weeks not speak of it but casually glance out that way, just hoping that they had stopped building, removed all that they have done and restored the land back to the way that it needed to be...but that didn't happen. So I just closed the blinds and chose to ignore the fact that my view of the sun had now been blocked and went about to other things...until yesterday. Yesterday I took my dog out for and early morning walk and then once again, God slapped me upside the head. I broke down in tears and came in and shared with my wife what He had told me.
God shared with me a simple fact that I hope is a blessing and encouragement to you on this day and here it is. He showed me that just because someone puts up something that blocks your view from where you are currently at does not at all mean that He still cannot be seen. As I took the walk with my dog, I was still in front of my yard and looking back I could now see the beauty of the sun so clearly, all I had to do was move! What was once blocked by what man had placed in front of me was now as visible as ever!
So let me ask you this question, what is it that is blocking you from seeing the Son? Is it something that someone else has dropped right in front of you over night or something that has been "building" over time, slowly taking away from you the view? Maybe it is something that you have allowed or placed there yourself. Regardless of how it got there or even who placed it there, if it keeps you from seeing HIM, it is sin. God told the prophet Jeremiah in chapter 29:13 that "if you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me". The key to that is wholeheartedly which means with everything you have, getting rid of what is hindering you along the way. The real question is, when these things come up in our lives, will we blame others? Will we close the blinds and gripe and grumble and act as if our view of His Son is not affected when it reality it is or will we simply move from where we are to where He wants us to be?

Consider Your Ways...Pastor John

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts