Wheeler...Dealer?

A few weeks ago, I found myself at a local tire shop getting some new tires. As I sat there for a while as my vehicle was being serviced, an older man came in the door. It didn't take me long to realize that this wasn't just your average, run-o-the mill old man...he had a swagger about him. When he walked in the doors, he was on a mission.
The young man working the counter, walked towards the door as he entered and asked him what brings you in here today. The old man looked at him with disgust and said, this here is a tire shop aint it? It was at this point that I knew things were gonna get good! He proceeded to tell the young worker that he wanted a deal on some tires and to not waste his time because he knew what they were worth. I watched as they headed back over to the counter to look at prices...it is then that I grabbed my phone and snapped this picture. These two over the next 5 minutes heckled back and forth for a bit, kind of like the Dad in the Christmas Story when he was trying to get his Christmas tree from the Christmas tree lot.
Apparently after a short while, they came to some type of agreement because the two shook hands and the old man handed the young man his keys. As he began to walk away, the old man on a mission said one more thing...I need these tires on and I need to be out of here in 20 minutes. It was at this time that my ears perked up along with all the others that were waiting that had been there long before this guy showed up. The young man said we have quite a few ahead of you, we can get you out of here in about and hour. The old man walked over to the counter and said...no deal and walked away and out the door with his keys.
As I sat there, I thought I can't believe that guy wanted to just waltz right in here and change the rules to how and what he wanted. It didn't matter that the rest of us that were there long before he walked in had things to do. He wanted a deal and he also wanted as Burger King to have it "his way" and when he didn't he walked out.
Often times, Christians do that very same thing with God. We want a deal and we want it now...not understanding that that just aint how God works. Instead of waiting on Him and trusting Him that "His Deal" is the best, no matter how long we have to wait, we take our keys and go home. Oh too often, we walk right out of His blessings into something else that is to be honest not so good! We do it with the choices we make with friends, jobs, marriage, our finances, lifestyles and anything else where we should be waiting on Him. I've done it far too many times and I bet you have to! The Bible says in Philippians 4:6...Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
So are you a wheeler and dealer with God? Do you want things the way you want them and when you want them? Before you take your keys to "your life" and drive away, remember this. God makes no deals when it comes to His Word or His Plan.

Consider Your Ways...Pastor John

Comments

  1. si muy bonito tu comentario, agradezco que con tu escrito me ayudes a reflexionar sobre el amor de dios. bendiciones

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts