Be CHRISTMAS

So it seems that this red coffee cup is making its way around social media and to all the news outlets.I wrote about this on Facebook this morning but because of the response, I have now posted it to my blog with a few extras...so here goes!
Instead of this "holiday season" everyone being upset about Starbucks not having Christmas on their cups or Walmart not playing Christmas music or advertisers using the word holiday instead of Christmas, how about God's people quit worrying about what the world is doing and start focusing on what we as Christians should be doing.
The world doesn't need a coffee cup. The world doesn't need a song. The world doesn't need a sign. What the world really needs this "holiday season" is for us Christians...to be CHRISTMAS!
The Apostle Paul used the word imitate numerous times. In 1 Corinthians 11:1 he said to the Christians there in Corinth "Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ. He also said in Ephesians 5:1-2...Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
What was it that Paul was saying? He said first to imitate me because I am imitating God. He then said Imitate or be like God by walking in love. You see you and I, regardless of how this world is or what direction it is headed. Regardless of how it rubs us the wrong way...we are to be like HIM!

So this Christmas, don't worry about all the ways the world is leaving Jesus out but rather focus more on if you as a Child of the King are letting HIM in...Be CHRISTMAS

I will be speaking on this November 29, December 6, 13 at Westmoreland First Baptist Church! Make plans now to attend! ‪#‎bechristmas‬

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts