Just Cram It!

I recently went into a Walmart store to pick up a few items when I noticed something a bit odd. Now I know first hand that Walmart and odd go hand in hand. I have seen my share of "The People of Walmart"...I live in Tennessee! I have also seen a fair amount of crazy behavior, wild haircuts, strange tattoos and clothing or lack of it...again, I live in Tennessee. So this time when I noticed something that not only caught my eye but made me laugh, I grabbed my phone as any modern day person would do in this media crazy world we live in.
I quickly hid behind a vehicle and watched discreetly a man trying to load a plastic kiddie pool into his car. As I stood there, four other people joined me...two of which grabbed their phones as well. He was trying to load this thing through the passenger side and after about 10 minutes, he finally thought he had it figured out after folding it into the shape of a taco and getting the passenger side door closed. He then walked around to the drivers side opened the door and tried to take a seat behind the wheel which was an impossible task. The reason...the pool had somehow unfolded from its taco state and had taken up every bit of space in the car. Even if he had he been able to get in behind the wheel, he would have had to drive with his head out of the window.
I wondered as I stood there why on earth that man would try to cram something in his car that obviously wouldn't fit then I wondered why you and I do the same with things in our lives? If you and I were to sit down and take a fair assessment of things in our life, we would find that there are way too many things that are useless and of no good but yet, we still try to cram them into our lives where they just aint gonna fit! The sad thing is, that when we do that, the things that do matter...God, family, church and friends get pushed to the side or neglected totally.
So let me ask you this question...what things are you trying to cram into your life? Are they like that kiddie pool taking up so much room that you can't even begin to go anywhere? I'm not sure if this man ever made it home with the pool but I do know that you and I will never make it and be the person that God wants us to be if we don't stop trying to cram useless things into an already life that should be busy for Him!
Consider Your Ways...Pastor John

Comments

Popular Posts