The Other Side


Last week I was leaving my lucky hunting spot after a morning of turkey hunting, a man never reveals his lucky hunting spot so don't ask! When I pulled out onto the main road, if you could call this a main road, I noticed something dead up ahead of me. As I drove on ahead, what I saw was what looked to me like a chicken. Now before all you southern people tell me that it is not, for the sake of the story, go with it will ya! I realize that there are all kids of birds running around these parts and I am not caught up in the latest lingo or species of feathered fowl. The only specific chicken I can really point out is the kind that comes in a bucket.
So this chicken is laying there, basking in the 80 degree sun and I did what any city person would do...I took out my phone and snapped a picture. I thought to myself and asked this question which I knew the answer to already...Why is this chicken dead in the middle of the road? The answer is what I and all of you already know...because He was trying to get to the other side!
After a week that we all experienced last week with bombings in Boston, explosions in Texas and even accidents and death here in our area, I came to the conclusion that...I AM SICK AND TIRED OF BAD NEWS! On weeks end, I felt an awful lot like that chicken...that I had physically and mentally been run over! It wasn't just the national news but also things going on in the lives of people I know that finally took its toll on me. All of this, I believe is just a way to get me off track, to get me out of line, to get me to lose my focus.
If you were to look at yourself, you are really no different than me. What you and I must remember is that no matter how bad things can get or might be, that there is an eternal meaning and lesson for them all.
The Apostle Paul stated in 2 Corinthians 4:17..."For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever."
That my friends is what will help you and I, as long as we live in this sorry world, until we "get to the other side"!
Be Blessed. Be Positive. Share The GOOD NEWS!
Pastor John
PS...2 Corinthians 4:17 is what I have titled in my Bible "The Good News Chapter"...Take some time and read it today!

Comments

Popular Posts