Do You Remember?

27 years ago today...If you were alive, do you remember where you were? Funny thing how not only in life we remember or recall the good things but we also remember the bad things. I guess depending how old you are or how good your memory is would determine how many of these memories that you have. The crazy thing is that the bad things seem to go to the top of the list as far as memories go...at least for me. I can't tell you where I sat and watched the Dallas Cowboys win their Superbowl in 1978 but I know I watched it. I don't recall most of the conversation that surrounded my first child being born, but I was there. I do however remember when Elvis died, where I was and who I was with and what was said. I remember where I was when President Ronald Reagan was shot and the crying that took place by my 5th grade teacher.
I also remember where I was on this day, 27 years ago when the Space Shuttle Challenger blew up. I remember watching this event while sitting in a high school locker room before 4th period basketball as a sophomore at Arlington High School. I remember hearing the voice crack of those newscasters as we watched the event unfold on a 25" color TV that had been wheeled in on a large metal cart. I remember seeing teammates...young, high school men cry. I also remember a high school coach reaching around the TV, pushing the knob in to turn it off. What stands out the most to me on this 27th anniversary of this tragic event is what this coach did...he called us all together and there on a locker room floor, he gathered us around and prayed with us. The sad thing is, in this country that we live in, if that tragedy were to happen today, he wouldn't be allowed to do that! We have moved so far away from God as a nation and us as Christians have allowed it. The difference that man made in my life that day, 27 years ago would cause a lawsuit today...God help us all!
2 Chronicles 7:14...Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.
Wake Up People!

Comments

Popular Posts