Catch a Grenade...Seriously?



There is a popular song out on the radio right now that has a pretty catchy phrase. I will be the first to say that I am not real big on pop music because most of it is just plain JUNK or because they are singing about something stupid like catching fireflies in a jar. Anyways, the first time I heard this song I was being serenaded by my youngest daughter in my JEEP. Since then, I have heard it numerous times, each time being joined by my daughter and now my son. The name of the song is "GRENADE" and it is sung by a young fellow named Bruno who looks more like a Scott than a Bruno. When I think of a Bruno, I think of some big, Italian mafia guy that should be in the movie The Godfather. As you listen to the song, this young man mentions some pretty incredible things that he says he will do for his supposedly girlfriend. Here is a list of the things he says that he would do for her in the song: #1 Catch a Grenade #2 Throw His Hand on a Blade #3 Jump in Front of a Train #4 Go Through Any Pain #5 Take a Bullet to the Brain #6 Even Die

Those are some pretty brave things that this "Bruno" kinda guy says that he would do, but would he really? There are very few people that I would do even one of those things for, let alone all of them. It's simple, if you're not family, you'd better find someone else to do that for you. Why? Because I love my family more than I love others. That sounds selfish but that is true and if you were honest with yourself, you would say the same thing. I'd do anything for my family, but not anything for others...BUT the good news is that God does not think that way! He loved each of us so much that He was willing to even give up His own sons life for you and I. John 3:16 says that God loved us so much that He sent His son to die for us...I believe that Jesus would've caught a grenade for me. I believe that He would've thrown himself in front of a train or even allowed his hand to be cut on a blade for me. He would've done anything for me, but I am so glad that He died for me!


See You @ The River...John

Comments

Popular Posts