American Pickers?


I love to watch this show on TV with my kids called American Pickers. It is about a couple of guys who travel around the country in a large van seeing if they can talk some old person into selling some of their old junk they have laying around. The cool thing about it is that they can usually tell by looking at the front of the property if this place will have something they want. Once they meet the owner, they usually take them back to an old barn, building or in the woods. It is there where they begin to dig and uncover things, not just regular things but things that have often times been discarded but most importantly, things that are of great worth.
As I watch that show, it sure does parallel with you and I and what Jesus did with each of us. One day, Jesus was out looking for you and I and knew right where to stop. He dug around through the dirt and the grime to find us much like those buried treasures. Some of us have been discarded, left to rot in the awfulness of this world while others were in plain sight. Regardless, what we needed was someone to come and reestablish our worth and "PICK" us out of the mess we were in...Boy am I glad!
But it doesn't stop there! Now it is my job, it is your job to do as HE did and look out as in Luke 14:23 says "into the highways and the hedges" for others who are waiting to be "PICKED". Yeah I enjoy American Pickers but I would much rather be known as a "PEOPLE PICKER".
See You @ The River...John

Comments

Popular Posts