Left Alone!


Left Alone! Ever felt that way? I am not some sick minded person but I have done that with my kids at the local Walmart... (too many times to be truthful). I can recall how we would enter the store to shop and my kids would do what every other kid does, ask to go to the toys. As we shopped, we would somehow end up making our way to the toy section and off they would go to look at that toy or game that they so desperately needed. Now I being the son of my father did what he did to me as a kid so we can just pass it on as an hereditary action. After they wandered off from me, I would just step away and hide, not far but just out of sight and watch them as they would be so caught up in the moment. Then comes the best part. About the time when the toy trance wears off, then comes the reality that they all would come to grips with. 1) Where am I? 2) Where is my father?
Oh the transition from faces full of happiness and bliss soon changed to that of what have I done and shear terror! As tears would start to form, and laughter began to transition to crying, I would suddenly appear back in their presence and then be embraced by the welcoming arms of a running child.
I am there! I have walked into the "Walmart" store of life with my Father. I was amazed about what I wanted and what I saw. I ran to see all of the things that I desired, leaving my Father behind. Now once the trance has wore off, I have been looking around for HIM. HE watched me just as I had done with my kids. HE waited to see just how long I would go without acknowledging HIM. HE didn't hide. HE waited. Once I realized that what I really needed was to be by HIM, things changed. Fear was gone! Worry...bye bye! God help me to understand that I don't have to be in the full-time ministry to be with you! Help me to stay by YOUR side as you guide me and my family!

Comments

Popular Posts