Where Are You Looking?


Let me say that I am truly sorry for the many and I do mean many of you that have written me hate mail on why I am not posting updated blog entries. Let me get this one thing straight. Having and taking the time to write entries while I was living by myself was an easy thing. I had lots of extra time on my hands. Since my family has all been reunited again, I find myself staying busy being a dad and husband. So I said all of that to say that I will do my best to do a few post a week. If I don't get to it, it's not that I am a bad person or have fallen off of the deep end. If it bothers you that much, the days that I don't post one, how bout this no brainer...Read your Bible instead!

Now that I got that done, lets start back with a short but sweet one. A few weeks back while at work, I decided to help a driver back up his bus to a trailer. I just happened upon it and thought I would offer up my services. I will say that I am not a bus backing up pro but I did in my past guide jet planes into the Jetway at DFW airport for Delta Airlines. I also emptied the potties too but we will not go there! So as I said, I have had experience although it was 20 years ago. Well as I gave the signal to turn to the right and he wasn't, it was told to me by another person standing there that he was not watching me but rather his rear view camera that was mounted on the back of the bus and being shown on his dash inside the bus. Well you can guess what happened next. As I decided to no longer give signals because he refused to watch me, this driver rammed the newest bus we have into the trailer placing a nice, round dent where the trailer ball hit. He quickly jumped out of the bus and accused me of not directing him. I said to him that it was not my fault because he wasn't watching me. I had the better angle. I could see what dangers were there. I could help him do it right without causing any damage but no, he decided to do it his way.

Proverbs 3:5 says that we are to Trust in The Lord With All of Our Heart and to not lean on our own knowledge. Do we listen...NO! You see God is standing there waiting on us to follow His lead. He is wanting us to follow His direction because He has a better angle at it than us. God's desire is to help us do right. His desire is to steer us form any dangers. We are not to just do it our way even if we feel like we have it under control. When that happens, the next thing you know we have backed a $700,000 bus into a trailer. So when it comes to you and your life, get your eyes off of the camera and start focusing them on HIM!


See You At The River...John

Comments

Popular Posts