Hacked Off!


Today, I got mad. I feel better now that I got that off of my chest. It has been a long time since I felt the way I did today. I knew it was wrong so I just walked away a gave myself some time to think, think about what was said and think about what in the heck am I doing.

Today I did my usual, got to work, answered questions, had a meeting, checked bus schedules and checked all outbound buses making sure they were ready to go both inside and out. I even started up some that have been sitting for awhile so that the batteries would remain charged. Having that all done, I thought I would take some extra time after lunch straightening up a bit. We have a room where we store all of our giveaways and promotional stuff...ie shirts, hats, coffee cups, stickers...you catch my drift. Well we just received a shipment last week of a bunch of boxes of shirts that needed to be opened, folded and placed on the shelves according to size. Having the extra time, I thought I would do some folding. I then set up a table and placed one of those handy blue shirt flipper thingys that you use to fold that perfect shirt on the table. I then proceeded to folding. It wasn't much time before my boss entered into the room with a couple of high roller guys to give them some shirts. As I stood there working as if I was a sweat shop worker of a third world country, one of the men said to me with a smirk on his face, "where'd you have to go to school to get a job like that"? The fleshly side of me wanted to say "where'd you have to go to school to be a butthole like that"? Sorry that was my human nature, because of Adam in the garden, just plain sinful side that was just being transparent. Those words no longer fell off of his lips and I knew I had to leave or regret what I would say. As I walked away feeling not so good about myself to retreat for a moment in a bus, I thought about what he said and wondered what in the world am I doing! I am a child of the King. I have given my life to His service wherever that may be only to find myself folding shirts in an almost vacant building and being made fun of. I deserve more respect than I was being shown. Then I thought, did Jesus ever feel that way? Was He ever ridiculed by others? The answer is a resounding YES. In spite of the words, He kept on doing what His Father wanted Him to do and so will I! I will do whatever He ask of me, even if it means I have to be around "you know whats". See, God is already working on me! So what "you know whats" are you dealing with that have you distracted from what He wants? Think about it!
See You At The River...John

Comments

  1. John, thanks again for your blogs. We are dealing with things in our life right now, and it always seems that your blogs go right along with our problems. They always make me laugh and cry at the same time. Keep it up. You are a blessing to the Dodd's. We love you, and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I am sure the boss is happy you are going to stick with it!

    Keep rolling!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts