Hide n Seek


When I was little, I loved playing the game Hide n Seek! All of the neighborhood kids would gather together to play. I specifically remember a time when we were playing that the kid who was hiding got tired of waiting for us to find him. He eventually just went home. Not knowing that, we looked for him for the longest time, only to find him at home sitting on his couch watching tv. I always liked being the one to hide.
With this being the second week that my daughter is here, she has had to come back to the office with me until I leave for the day. As stated before, I do not have an office yet, I am waiting to move into our new building. Until then, I am out in the shop area with all of the "heathen"! Well it only took a few days for my daughter to realize that the shop area was not the place for a young lady to hang out in. Oh, it kind of reminds me of the Mesquite indoor rodeo. You can go, take a seat and observe what's going on but the longer you stay, the more you start to smell like your surroundings...catch my drift? Just after a few days of coming up to the shop, she came to me and asked me if there was a place where she could go to get away from it all, the language and such. I thought for a second and went and placed her on a bus, outside and away. This bus was a place of safety, as some would call it, a place of refuge. It was a place of comfort where she would no longer have to focus on other things but rather the things she is suppose to think of!

Psalm 9:9 is one of my favorite verses in the Bible. It says that the Lord will also be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. A refuge is a hiding place. It is a place to get away from it all. When my daughter started feeling the pressures that this world has to offer, after she asked for help, I as her father simply took her and placed her in a bus for safety, for better words, a refuge! God offers us that place of refuge also. So many times we run to other things, other people, other plans to hide when what He wants is for us to go and run to Him! Now if you show up at All Access Coach between the hours of 3-5pm, you will find my daughter safely tucked away in a bus, watching tv, doing her homework and texting on her phone. At first she was unsure of where I was placing her. Now she knows that what her father has for her is best for her and it has become a welcomed place!

So the next time you find yourself struggling. The next time you are overwhelmed with the worlds words, thoughts and plans, run to Jesus and hide in Him. He desires to be your refuge! The awesome thing is when you do, it will become a welcomed place where you will want to return!

See You At The River...John

Comments

  1. You should holler and feel free to drop her by the house. My 6 yr old would be estactic! Eric has my number! - Ray

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts