He Came For Me!


I don't get to see many movies like I use to. It seems to me that it all changed once I had kids. Most movies I see are kid or family friendly because I am a family man you know! Since most movies I see are family friendly, that would also lead to the simple fact that as a 39 year old, white male, most movies I see then SUCK! Ooops! Can I say that? I kind of felt a little exhilarated saying that! With that out of the way, let's get back to the movies thing. It is very rare that I do get to sneak out and see an "adult movie"...wait did I just say sneak out and adult movie? I wasn't meaning adult as in "adult" I was meaning as in an not for kids! Wow I'm glad I got that cleared up! I bet many of you were thinking that John sure has dropped off of the deep end now! Well this past weekend my wife and I and some other adults went to see a movie. Now let me just say that I do not agree with all movies but I am not going to lump all non-Fireproof/Facing the Giants/Passion movies as trash. I believe you have to pick and choose the good from the bad, just like clothes, music, etc. The name of the movie we went to see was TAKEN. Now I am not going to ruin the movie for you for those that have not seen it. What I want to tell you is the four things I walked away with after seeing it. #1 The man in the movie is one bad dude! #2 This movie was way better than Aristocrats! #3 This father really loved his child!

As I stated before, I don't want to ruin it. If you have seen the trailer you know that the movie is about a man's daughter who gets kidnapped or "taken". He spends the entire movie, searching high and low, holding nothing back, even getting in amongst the bad in order to rescue her. Most movies end good so me saying that he finds her at the end doesn't let the cat out of the bag! This isn't a Marley and Me movie that surprises you! With that said, once this father comes and rescues his daughter, she says some incredible words. She says "you came for me, you came for me"!

As those words fell off of her lips, the fourth and final thing that I walked away with was the last words that she said and how that is exactly what Jesus did for you and I. Just as this daughter had been "taken" away and thrust into an awful experience not of her choice, you and I have been thrust into this awful world as well. We can thank those two naked people in the garden for that!

Romans 5:12 states: When Adam sinned, sin entered the world. Adam’s sin brought death, so death spread to everyone, for everyone sinned. It was not of our choice, nevertheless we still needed someone to rescue us because we had been "taken" into this world and sin! With that said, we have a Heavenly Father who left the on high and became a lowly man. He placed himself among the bad, even carrying all of their sin. He held nothing back. Romans 5:8 says
but God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. This man, this father in this movie did exactly what my Heavenly Father, my Savior did many years ago, He came for His child who had been "taken"!
Think back to the day when you realized that He came for you and you were rescued and thank God that He did what He did in order to rescue us!
See You At The River...John

Comments

Popular Posts