Get All Up In There!


I try to stay at the shop as much as possible because I am needed there, at least I feel like it! Until my wife arrives in town, I am on daddy duty, that means taking and picking up my oldest daughter as far as school goes. Today about 2:30, I was headed out to get her so I went the short way. As I made my way through the "Hood" part of town, you know...the south side, I noticed something strange. Now every town has one of these parts of town and if you don't know of yours, well then you need to get out more often! Anyways, I spotted something that caught my eye. I turned around and drove back and pulled up to what I had now determined was a man working on a truck. Now, seeing a man working on a truck was not that out of the ordinary. What he was doing was, at least to me. The man was sitting inside where the engine is, bent over working. As I turned around to catch a second glimpse, I want you to know before I took this picture, that the brother on the opposite street corner wasn't the only one with "crack". This man in the truck had it all hanging out but surprisingly, that is not why I turned around! I turned around because there was a very large man sitting inside the engine compartment, under the hood of a truck. I determined that there was no way that this man could get close enough to diagnose the problem by just looking. As I watched I realized that this man had to remove a number of things in order to get "in close". As a matter of fact, prior to me taking this picture, a man came and wheeled off a cart with the parts that he had removed. The fact was that this man did whatever he could to "get all up in there" so that he could fix the problem.
Did you realize that God has done that as well? There are and have been times in my life that He has to help me diagnose the problem. Sometimes He has to "get all up in" my personal life. As I said before, it wasn't enough for that man just to stand there and look at that truck, he had to insert himself into the truck to get close to and expose the problem. God did that by sending His son to earth. It wasn't enough for Him to look from the outside. That is why He miraculously inserted Himself into this world in the form of a child, a Savior! I am so glad that He did just that! He knew we were lost! He knew we needing "fixin". In Hebrews 12:1 Paul says that we are to "put aside every sin that easily gets in our way. The cool thing about that is this. When we cast away those sins, God comes along and "carts" off all of the things that were in His way so that He can climb on into our life and do His work!
Think about what things need to be carted off in your life so that Christ can get all up in there and do an incredible work!
See You At The River...John

Comments

  1. That was a good one John. Thank you for writing down what God places in your heart, because it truly is a blessing to me. Love ya

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts